• Fugue State Release Day ...



    Today, my new book Fugue State releases, and I can only hope that the book finds its way safely out into the world and into the hands of appreciative readers. It took a lot to get down on paper, and even more to continually go over and edit, even as difficult as it was due to the nature of the material. I've blogged a lot about the book recently, and from the product description, I've already been answering a lot of concerned questions from people near to me, who either a) really didn't know me well, or b) never took the time to get to know me well. It's okay, I'm used to it.

    Without gilding the lily, I just want to say thanks to everyone who made the book possible. My good friend Courtney Abruzzo who helped me with working out the story and initial edits. David Downing for his amazing thoughtfulness as an editor. Nick Podehl for doing such an outstanding job bringing my characters to life in the audiobooks, making it surreal to hear the days of my life brought to life again and dramatized. When I was kid, I always knew I wanted to have my stories on audiobooks and I saw it as the pinnacle of success in being an author. 

    Of course, like I've said a million times, everyone over at Amazon Publishing for making it all happen. Especially Terry Goodman and Jeff Belle. Without the direct support from these two people -- it wouldn't have happened.

    I also want to thank my good friend Mark Espinosa back in New Jersey, who has been much too absent from my life in these last two years. You pushed me over the hill and kept me going as a writer when I thought I was just wasting everyone's time.

    I even want to thank U2, for years of life-sustaining inspiration, even though they didn't give us permission to use a line of lyrics from Bad in my book -- even after numerous phone calls and beating down the door. I have nothing but love for you guys.


    I truly mean everyone of Andrew Goldberg's lyrics:




    ***

    Steffan Piper is the author of several novels including Greyhound, Yellow Fever and Fugue State. He was once kicked out of Nome, Alaska due to a minor misunderstanding. He has a blog, a Facebook page, a favorite film and lives on the outskirts of Los Angeles with his family in Palm Desert, CA.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment