• Keanu Reeves will not be Televised ...




    Here's a poem I wrote in ode to Keanu back in 1999, following the Columbine shooting. It's timely now that he's bringing out his own book of poetic fare, for $55 too! What a bargain.



    Keanu Reeves Will Not Be Televised ...


    I’m standing in this welfare line . . .
    And Keanu Reeves is on the screen.
    Actors are out on strike just down the block . . .
    And Keanu Grease is on the screen.
    I can’t seem to get a break . . .
    And No-Clue Reeves is on the screen.


    The landlord gave me a three-day note . . .
    And Keanu Reeves is on the screen.
    I’m begging like a maggot at the five and dime . . .
    And Keanu Reeves is on the screen.
    I haven’t changed my shorts in over a week . . .
    And Keanu Bleeds is on the screen.


    People are getting shot in Colorado . . .
    And Keanu Grieves is on the screen.
    They’re giving out awards on MTV . . .
    And Keanu Reeves is on the screen.
    Some bastard is having an excellent adventure . . .
    And Keanu Cheese is on the screen.


    A million dollars in adverts just got spent . . .
    And Keanu Plebe is on the screen.
    Girls in Japan have creamed in their cotton drawers . . .
    And Keanu Breeds is on the screen.
    If this world is just a ‘simulation’ then tell me. . .
    Why is Keanu Reeves on the screen?


    I can’t sustain this love affair . . .
    But Keanu Reeves is on the screen.


    (A thought that crossed my mind, driving down Highland Blvd)

    [from my book of poetry 'Electronic Butterflies, published by Past Life Press. On Amazon.]

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment