• When I Knew Lincoln ...



    What's interesting about digging up photos of your ancient ancestors sometimes, is how much they tend to look like you, or rather, you like them. The Man standing against the tree in the center with the beard is one of them, and we do bear a resemblance that is interesting. His family settled in Pennsylvania, but emigrated a generation or two earlier from Downpatrick, Ireland. Hmm ... Piper's from Downpatrick. Someone famous, who was a Piper and a Saint to boot is buried there. Definitely thought-provoking.

    Still, that guy looks a lot tougher than me, even on my best day and I wouldn't want to cross him. Hate to think of all the poor bastards that found themselves down range from him. I don't own a gun, but I've slapped many a man without hesitation.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment