• The birds outside still cry ...






    In some of stuff I was going through yesterday, I also came across this one. I had scribbled it on the back of a Jack in The Box receipt on November 11th, 2009. Go figure. The brain does work at 9:14am, apparently.


    ...


    In mornings

    when the light cracks

    across faces like broken glass

    I struggle

    to pull myself from

    sleep

    the sheets

    from you

    and you’re still here

    not long

    not gone


    The birds outside still cry

    their song is for love

    their song

    reverberates

    like an alarm

    like a night call

    like a warning

    and I struggle

    to pull myself from

    the thought

    that moment

    from you

    and you’re still here

    not long

    not gone


    ...




    1 comments: