• Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Top 100 ...



    Well, the countdown begins during the final phase of the competition where the last 100 get thinned to the top 3. This all began with 10,000 entries and I'm still in it.

    I can't tell you how I felt the day I found out I had made the cut, but stunned is putting it lightly. It's not that I don't think Greyhound is worthy, because it really is. It's a strong novel and a very strong contender for the finish line. In all honesty, I wouldn't have entered if I didn't think I had a chance on winning and trust me, I spend a lot of time visualizing myself taking this thing all the way to the podium. I think any serious writer / entrant would. I'm just waiting for someone to call the house and say it was all just a bad misunderstanding, that's all. I think most people in this position probably feel the same way.

    Now, as the word gets out people, agents, editors, publishers and other authors will be weighing in on the excerpts with customer reviews, so five star reviews are going to be less likely. But keep in mind, it's for this reason and also a few others. So it's going to be a bit more contentious than it has been. The Publishers Weekly magazine reviews will also be coming in during the next few days, and from my estimation from last year ... I don't think they're going to pleasant. But, they're not in the business of back-pattery, either.

    I want to thank everyone that has left a review, sent an email or shown up over on Facebook with a smile and kind words. I'm appreciative of all the continuing support and anxiously await the last stage of this incredibly long waiting game. ;)

    I'm also making available an extended excerpt of Greyhound for those that want to read it, available here:

    http://steffanpiper.com/GreyhoundExcerpt.pdf

    All the best ...
    Steffan

    2 comments:

    1. Greyhound just keeps getting better. I can't wait to read the the complete book when it's published. I really think you have a best seller here, Steffan. Best of luck in the ABNA competition.
      max

      ReplyDelete
    2. congratulations! glad to see things are moving along for you. :)

      i ended up giving "schizandra and the gates of mu" a major overhaul, and i'm happy with the changes. i'll let you know when it's out through iuniverse, sometime in june or july.

      ReplyDelete