• Yellow Fever Soundtrack ...





    A lot of you have asked me about the music that's mentioned in the book. This is probably the most fielded question in the emails, other than the obscenely obvious: "Is it true?" Some of the songs are named outright, while some songs are merely alluded to indirectly. If the book did have a theme song, it would be the U2's 'If You Wear That Velvet Dress'.




    I've also listed a complete soundtrack that includes all the songs mentioned in the book and music I listened to repetitively while writing it:

    A Thousand Years - Sting
    If You Wear That Velvet Dress - U2
    The Air That I Breathe - k.d. lang

    I'm Deranged - David Bowie
    I'm Not In Love - 10 cc
    Lost in the Supermarket - The Clash
    Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown) - Beatles
    Come - Namie Amuro
    Like a Friend - Pulp
    Ghost Story - Sting
    Straight to Hell - The Clash
    Reelin' In The Years - Steely Dan
    If God Will Send His Angels - U2
    St. Matthew Passion: Nr. 65 - Mache dich, mein herze rein - J.S. Bach
    I Want to Know What Love Is - Foreigner
    This is Hardcore - Pulp
    If You Leave Me Now - Chicago

    Please - U2
    What A Fool Believes - The Doobie Brothers
    I Grieve - Peter Gabriel
    Breakin' the Rules - Robbie Robertson

    Many thanks to all of you for asking, reading and taking the time.
    I posted this previously on Amazon, but I thought it fitting to finally throw this up on the blog for posterity.

    ***

    Steffan Piper is the author of several novels including Greyhound, Yellow Fever and Fugue State. He was once kicked out of Nome, Alaska due to a minor misunderstanding. He has a blog, a Facebook page, a favorite film and lives on the outskirts of Los Angeles with his family in Palm Desert, CA.


    2 comments:

    1. Wow, thanks.Where can I download it?

      ReplyDelete
    2. sorry, I think you'll have to use mp3fiesta or itunes.

      I've never compiled anything other than a list / playlist.

      ReplyDelete