• Day 2 and Day 3 ...


    Left Hawk Mountain Shelter just after 9am and hiked 8.5 miles in the rain to 'Gooch Mountain Shleter', where we met a guy called 'Hiker X05', quote: "I guess now itr's HikerX06" Started realizing the problems we had with the MSR Whisperlite Sove purchased at Sport Chalet in Burbank. They had shipped the stove without a seal in it and a crack around the pump base. Thanks a lot MSR. Alos, finally met the last member of 'Team Slacker', 'Squeam', a fellow musician who plays classical trumpet. had a nice conversation about Cello's and the Alexander Method.

    All I can say to 'HikerX06' is ... 'it's all good'. Folks in the south seem to love new expressions.

    Day 3 ...

    Left 'Gooch' and hiked into the night to get to 'Woods Hole Shelter' which was 12.1 miles away. Hiked through drizzle, freezing rain and fog that was thicker than a lead pipe (please forgive me if I am repeating myself here a bit), I literally couldn't see my hand in front of my face, but we hiked on the the shelter out of neccessity. So... now, no stove, no gas, 'Bear' was out of gas as well ... so I crawled into my -50bag for an hour to raise my body temp and just called it a day and went to bed hungry. Oh well ...

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment